Does Manmohan Singh care about India or Congress?
If he cared about India, he would’ve earned the gratitude of a billion-plus Indians by stepping down as Prime Minister as his party spawned a million scams.
He would’ve done more than offer a mere apology for the 1984 Sikh genocide and certainly made sure he didn’t share the same stage with Sajjan Kumar, a prime accused as 3000 Sikhs were lynched in the Capital.
He would’ve addressed his countrymen at important junctures of his 10-year rule and not been a mere statue who didn’t react even as Rahul Gandhi tore up his government’s ordinance and humiliated him in public.
Such a background of his is not in consonance with his daily tirade against communal violence and mob lynching that he accuses have become widespread under the regime of Narendra Modi.
If he cared about India, he would’ve confessed to the citizens that the worst 18 communal riots in independent India’s history came while his party was in power. Six of the worst communal riots occurred while Dr. Singh was the Prime Minister. In 2012, there were 640 incidents of communal violence. A year later, the number was 473 in 2013.
As for lynchings which has Dr. Singh most upset about, he showed no such remorse when 25 lives were lost to mob-lynchings in 2012 itself.
This doesn’t seem a man in love with India. This is the picture of a dishonest man who yearns for a secular, plural and equal India but wouldn’t utter a word about Kashmiri Pundits who have been driven out of their own land. His plurality beats a hasty retreat when Hindus face communally marginalization in states such as Bengal and Kerala. He bemoans Kathua and Unnao but has no time for unfortunate rapes in Uri or in a madarsa. He would rather have a secret dinner with a top Pakistani politician than make a point to them about martyred soldiers and their unfortunate widows, victims of terrorists from our neighbours.
Those who profess by Dr. Singh for his honesty and integrity must be told the difference between the two traits. You are honest if you told your wife you cheated. But you lack integrity when you cheat on your wife, nevertheless. Honesty is convenient; integrity is the stuff a man is made of.
Now 86, Dr. Singh needs a mirror that reflects his true self to him. He has lived in shadows and deceptions for too long. He owes his allegiance to Congress, and not to India. His countrymen know better of him than a compromised mainstream media and academia of the land.
Brinda Karat of CPI (M) has suffered from amnesia in accusing BJP leaders of complicity-by-support in the Kathua and Unnao rape incidents in an edit piece in The Hindu on Friday.
The thing most common in amnesia of course is memory loss—hopefully temporary in Brinda’s case though with the Left-Liberal-Media gang you could be sure it’s more likely a front to their shameless lies and propaganda.
Draw a parallel with the unfortunate killing of Gauri Lankesh last year and you would see the following patterns emerge:
- Blame the BJP and right-wing even before their complicity is established (Ramachandra Guha);
- Never bother to cover your tracks in case the accusation goes unproven;
- Never lift a finger in case your own cabal of Left-Liberal-Lutyens Media are shown going soft on murders and rapes where a Hindu is a sufferer: more so if the alleged crime is committed by a Muslim or minority
Karat has gone into convulsions over Kathua, stating that Hindus of the region are communalizing an unfortunate, tragic incident of a defense-less little girl-child, staging protests and unrest.
The amnesia stops Madam Karat from bringing the following facts in readers/public domain:
- The government called an officer from Kashmir to investigate the matter rather than involving Jammu police officers which reeks of political conspiracy;
- They called an officer who himself was in prison for one year;
- The subsequent charge-sheet claims that Hindus of Jammu have conspired against Bakharwal community—clearly an attempt to divide Hindus and Muslims of Jammu on communal lines;
- Two kids from Meerut were beaten up by police and forced to give wrong statements as they professed in front of the judge;
- That the protests were also staged by Jammu’s lawyers’ body (a non-communal professional body) which Karat hides in her hysterical piece
So what’s wrong when the two BJP state ministers appealed for the matter to be investigated by CBI?
But wait! Let Madam Karat’s amnesia to be over before asking her these significant omissions in her half-truth of an edit piece.
Now let’s look at Unnao, another unfortunate and tragic incident. Madam Karat is not truthful when she omits the fact that
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath has condemned the incident in a plain-speak as is his wont;
- That 6 policemen have already been suspended;
- That State government has constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) on the matter
So if these commies and their allied mainstream media make an allegation—without being on ground—the relevant investigating authorities must abandon the book of CRPC and submits to their prejudice and bias.
Madam Karat must never be asked why her feminism is not outraged when a six-year-old Hindu girl-child is raped in Bihar’s Rohtas district, allegedly by a Muslim youth Meraj Alam;
The bindi-girl would never shed a tear and mount a public outrage over hackings of BJP and RSS workers occurring regularly across India.
So this is the kind of cabal which is confronting and damaging our nation in every living minute of their undignified existence.
All those who love our country must keep showing them their hideous face in mirror as a matter of oath.